February 10th, 2018
Effingham County Middle School
1659 Highway 119 South
Guyton, GA 31312
8:00 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS • First Aid Certification Class • #Let’sgethealthy#Let’sgetmoving • Kids Academy & Youth Leadership Classes for students ages 4-17 • Bullying • Managing Difficult Behaviors • Simple Ways to Help Your Child Perform their Best on the Georgia Milestones Assessment
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Effingham County Middle School
1659 Highway 119 South, Guyton, GA 31312
There is no cost at Parent University!
For more information-
Call: (912) 661-5290; (912) 772-3885; (912) 978-0769
Email: [email protected]
The Parent University-Effingham spring session will be held Saturday at Effingham County Middle School, 1659 Highway 119 South in Guyton.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. with the general session starting at 9 a.m. All sessions will conclude by 1:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend Parent University-Effingham. Breakfast and lunch will be served. Vendors will have information for the entire family. Each child will receive a book just for attending. Door prizes will be drawn as well.
Parents and students from surrounding counties are welcome to attend.
This session will feature bridging, learning opportunities and youth summer employment.
The parent session includes:
• CPR certification class
• Campus tour of Effingham College and Career Academy
• Personal safety and security
• All children have special needs
• Make a Take summer activities for parents of children pre-kindergarten through fifth grade students
• Discovering what your child is doing in school through Google apps
Kidz and Youth Leadership sessions include:
• Kool treats of learning for the summer
• Campus tour of ECCA
• Summer job opportunities with PAXEN Learning Service Corporation for ages 16-24
• Enrichment activities for summer gains
Preregistration deadline is Thursday or you may register the morning of April 16. Registration forms were sent home by your child’s school. Please return to their school or email to [email protected] Forms are also available at www.parentuniversityeffingham.org.
For more information, call (912) 661-5290, (912) 772-3885, or (912) 978-0769
The mission of Parent University is to educate, inspire and empower parents to meet the needs of their children by becoming their first and most important teacher. Its goals support family literacy by providing services that make sustainability changes in the family. Even though Parent University’s main focus is to provide information for parents, there are learning opportunities for non-parents also.
Parent University-Effingham is sponsored by the Springfield Central High School Association, Inc. and the Effingham County Board of Education. Parent University-Effingham has 501 (c) 3 status.
What is Teen Maze?
- A life-sized, interactive “game board” through which youth will advance by “chance” to various stations.
- During the Maze, youth will not have a “choice” about the decisions they make regarding drug/alcohol use, texting and driving, and other behaviors. Instead, they will pull scripts or spin a wheel to learn the “good or bad news.”
- Youth who pull scripts that avoid risky behaviors are “rewarded”. Others will learn the potential consequences of poor decisions, e.g., loss of freedom, medical problems, and even death. Since paths are randomly assigned, no two participants will have the same encounter (much like in real life).
- The maze is an interactive, humbling experience that shows teens how a wrong decision can impact the rest of their lives.
Why 8th and 10th grade parents only?
- The maze will rotate between SEHS and ECHS each year. The maze targets 10th grade students and their parents. 8th grade parents are invited to become exposed to the maze; the rationale is that when the maze returns to ECHS the 8th graders will be 10th
Parent Preview Night – Tuesday, March 22, 2016
5:00-5:45 pm Spaghetti Supper – Sponsored by Parent University-Effingham
Parent Involvement Presentation during supper
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Parents preview the maze
R.S.V.P. dinner reservation @ 754-6404 Ext. 1263
Effingham County High School Gymnasium
1589 Highway 119 South
Springfield, GA 31329
This activity meets the criteria for extra credit toward Parent University-Effingham 2016 Graduation