What is Teen Maze?
- A life-sized, interactive “game board” through which youth will advance by “chance” to various stations.
- During the Maze, youth will not have a “choice” about the decisions they make regarding drug/alcohol use, texting and driving, and other behaviors. Instead, they will pull scripts or spin a wheel to learn the “good or bad news.”
- Youth who pull scripts that avoid risky behaviors are “rewarded”. Others will learn the potential consequences of poor decisions, e.g., loss of freedom, medical problems, and even death. Since paths are randomly assigned, no two participants will have the same encounter (much like in real life).
- The maze is an interactive, humbling experience that shows teens how a wrong decision can impact the rest of their lives.
Why 8th and 10th grade parents only?
- The maze will rotate between SEHS and ECHS each year. The maze targets 10th grade students and their parents. 8th grade parents are invited to become exposed to the maze; the rationale is that when the maze returns to ECHS the 8th graders will be 10th
Parent Preview Night – Tuesday, March 22, 2016
5:00-5:45 pm Spaghetti Supper – Sponsored by Parent University-Effingham
Parent Involvement Presentation during supper
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Parents preview the maze
R.S.V.P. dinner reservation @ 754-6404 Ext. 1263
Effingham County High School Gymnasium
1589 Highway 119 South
Springfield, GA 31329
This activity meets the criteria for extra credit toward Parent University-Effingham 2016 Graduation