Teen Maze – March 22nd, 2016
What is Teen Maze?
- A life-sized, interactive “game board” through which youth will advance by “chance” to various stations.
- During the Maze, youth will not have a “choice” about the decisions they make regarding drug/alcohol use, texting and driving, and other behaviors. Instead, they will pull scripts or spin a wheel to learn the “good or bad news.”
- Youth who pull scripts that avoid risky behaviors are “rewarded”. Others will learn the potential consequences of poor decisions, e.g., loss of freedom, medical problems, and even death. Since paths are randomly assigned, no two participants will have the same encounter (much like in real life).
- The maze is an interactive, humbling experience that shows teens how a wrong decision can impact the rest of their lives.
Why 8th and 10th grade parents only?
- The maze will rotate between SEHS and ECHS each year. The maze targets 10th grade students and their parents. 8th grade parents are invited to become exposed to the maze; the rationale is that when the maze returns to ECHS the 8th graders will be 10th
Parent Preview Night – Tuesday, March 22, 2016
5:00-5:45 pm Spaghetti Supper – Sponsored by Parent University-Effingham
Parent Involvement Presentation during supper
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Parents preview the maze
R.S.V.P. dinner reservation @ 754-6404 Ext. 1263
Effingham County High School Gymnasium
1589 Highway 119 South
Springfield, GA 31329
This activity meets the criteria for extra credit toward Parent University-Effingham 2016 Graduation
Parent University Announces Registration For Winter 2016 Session
PU Announces Plan For The 2015 Spring Session
Parent University Brochure
Register Now! First Session-January 31st, 2015
SCHSA Preserving Our Legacy Banquet
Click here to download the flyer
Saturday, October 25, 2014 – 6:00 p.m.
Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Association Center
810 Central Avenue
Guyton, GA 31312
Rev. James Taylor
Presiding Elder for Savannah West District
Graduate of SCHS
Class of 1960
Tickets: $25.00 per person
FOLLOW US @ www.parentuniversityeffingham.org/schsainc
2014-2015 Parent University – Effingham Schedule
Parent University – Effingham
“Bridging the Gap Between the Home, School and Community”
Announces the 2014-2015 Parent University – Effingham Schedule
Plans are currently being made for the 2014-2015 Parent University-Effingham Sessions. The dates are:
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Effingham County Middle School will be the host site for all sessions. Registration will begin at 7:45 a.m. A light breakfast will be served until 8:35 a.m. The general session will begin at 9:00 a.m. The general session will include a Graduation Ceremony for parents meeting the graduation criteria during the 2013-2014 Parent University Sessions. Participants eligible for graduation need to contact Parent University – Effingham staff at (912) 661-5290 immediately to plan for the event; if you have not done so already.
Parent University’s Kidz Academy and Youth Leadership classes will provide age appropriate activities for children ages 4-17. Lunch will be served at the close of the sessions. Various vendors will be available during the day.
Parent University-Effingham promises to meet the needs of all attendees! Parent University’s mission is to educate, inspire and empower parents to meet the needs of their children by becoming their first and most important teacher. Even though Parent University’s main focus is to provide information for parents, there are learning opportunities for non-parents also.
Parent University-Effingham is sponsored by the Springfield Central High School Association, Inc. and the Effingham County Board of Education.
Click here to download the brochure
Save the Date for September 20, 2014 Sessions
More information to come for the next session held on September 20th, 2014 at Effingham County Middle School
Vacation Giveaway Package
*To be eligible to win, you must attend classes during Parent
University – Effingham April 5, 2014 session. Winner under 18 years
of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Both winner
and parent or guardian must be present at drawing. This vacation is
based on availability and expiration date will not be extended.
Parent University volunteers and their immediate family members
are not eligible to win.
Parent University – Effingham
3 days 2 nights stay for a family of 2 adults and 2 children
*Days Inn and Suites on Jekyll Island
Georgia Sea Turtle Center and a tee-shirt
Summer Waves on Jekyll Island
Ghost Walk Tour of St. Simons Island and the Lighthouse
$30 meal certificate and a tee-shirt for Barbra Jeans Restaurant
$10 off meal and free dessert certificate for the Rooftop Restaurant
at the Ocean Lodge on St. Simons Island